Based in Hilversum, The Netherlands
Lumini is a relaxing flow adventure game in which you take control over a swarm of innocent little creatures called lumini. After being gone for thousands of years, the balance on their home planet has shifted. With their return, the lumini find themselves in a hostile environment from which you need to keep them safe. On this journey you'll need to find out what happened in the past while trying to restore the balance on their planet. Using their special bond with the planet's energy, the lumini can replenish their swarm to replace their fallen comrades. Evolving their kind into an ever adapting and stronger species.
In november 2013, Speelbaars released a free, publicly available download of a pre-alpha version of their first game, 'Lumini'. Lumini has since been featured on sites like Indie Statik, as well as many 'Let's Play' videos on Youtube. Currently, Lumini can be found on Steam Greenlight, while Speelbaars continues to work hard to complete the game.
- Dynamic and realistic Swarm gameplay.
- An adventurous world with lots to explore.
- Mesmerizing flow gameplay.
- Divide your Lumini and control both groups simultaneously.
- Dynamic and immersive audio.
Lumini Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "…it allows you to relax while playing, which is a quality I think we don’t get enough of from games."
- Chris Priestman , Indie Statik
- "Initially I noticed how amazingly relaxing this game is, the gameplay flows brilliantly and the background music is a great compliment to this. If you are ever stressed out and have five minutes to spare, playing this game will instantly help."
- Ollie Atkins, Indiegraph
- "Sometimes, there’ll be something that hits all the notes that you want, that you never knew you needed. Lumini struck this cord with me, still so young, it managed to provide for me what I thought Spore failed to deliver."
- El Trevan ("Escapingirl"), Ready Player Two
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Steam Greenlight Page
Lumini can currently be found on Steam Greenlight: steamcommunity.com.
A small, ambitious indie game development team from Hilversum, The Netherlands, consisting of nine motivated students from the Utrecht School of Arts and Technology, all of which are dedicated to creating original, extraordinary, but most importantly fun video games.
More information on Speelbaars, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Designer, PR, Marketing
Programmer, Game Designer
Luc Veiga da Palma
Programmer, Game Designer
Michiel van Tienhoven
Brenda van Vugt